Our office in Utrecht – employment and advice centre for Middle and Eastern European migrants.
Stichting Barka office (Social Economy Centre)
Lijsterstraat 16, 3514 TD Utrecht
Opening hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 10.00 – 14.00.
Tel: 030 268 92 42
Contact hours (phone/email): Mon – Fri: 09.00 – 16.00.
Ewa Saferna firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariola Gardzij email@example.com
Julia Boele firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide advice and support to Middle and Eastern European Migrants with complex needs who want to live and work in the Netherlands. Social Economy Centre opened in March 2013 in Utrecht.
The Social Economy Centre provides the following services:
- Preparation for employment
- Help in looking for work
- Help in administration issues/filling in documents etc
- Legal and Financial Advice
- legal advice (including child maintenance, bank loans, criminal charges)
- Dealing with dishonest landlords and tenancy agreements
- Advice around insurance
- Representing workers in official institutions
- Opening bank accounts
- Negotiating loan payments
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction Support- Advice and support to those experiencing drug and alcohol addiction including referral to detox and rehabilitation programmes in the Netherlands and countries of origin
Aims of the Social Economy Centre in Utrecht:
- To help unemployed, potentially socially excluded people to rejoin the job market
- To prevent homelessness and social exclusion by supporting a person before they reach the rock bottom
- Teaching skills that help the unemployed to assimilate in a new, foreign environment.
- Providing knowledge about legal regulations in the Netherlands and emphasizing the need to protect the rights of the workers, to prevent exploitation by the employers.
- Psychological support to migrants